Monday, October 7, 2019

BG, recycled comb vase.

क्रोधाद्भवति सम्मोह: सम्मोहात्स्मृतिविभ्रम: |
स्मृतिभ्रंशाद् बुद्धिनाशो बुद्धिनाशात्प्रणश्यति || 63||


BG 2.63: Anger leads to clouding of judgment, which results in bewilderment of the memory. When the memory is bewildered, the intellect gets destroyed; and when the intellect is destroyed, one is ruined.

Comb vase

It’s my inherited sanskaaraas that I have always liked the concept of reuse, recycling, up cycling seemingly useless stuff with a touch of creativity and followed it ever since I can remember. Anybody who peeked into my blog, since its inception very well aware with that side of me. Hopefully I will put up enough things to keep you the readers inspired and want to give it a try, I would be delighted to know- please do share it with me here.

Today’s recycled project is very simple but useful and beautiful tooooooo! My son had a party for his friends…and his friend arranged cold drink bottle from the Military canteen for him……and they were left with a pile of bottles from the party. I said to my daughter, we better make some pieces of décor and also a thing to hold stuffs lying around.  



Method:

Take a plastic bottle and cut off the upper part, as much as you want (mine is 4 inches), and mark dots in the top end. In case of hard plastic perk the hot needle, or you can use a drill, with the thin plastic you can also use a hole punch. The markers for holes or to poke the crochet hook should be as close as possible, about) 0.1 in, and drilled or punched holes in regular spaces. I just marked the dots and poked my steel crochet hook directly on the marks.

Now the fun creative part begins. With crochet hook and thread you can make the top as you want. Work single crochet through the holes and from the next row you can form the scalloping part. Here I poked my steel hook throw the lace and the mark s I made to poke the hook to attach the lace while doing the single crochet around the bottle edge……..Yes! It’s a tricky thing to do….isn’t it cute to look at!


As soon I completed the scalloping part I placed this beautiful vase on the mantle and my daughter hurriedly stacked some combs in it………………..but due to lighter in weight as compared the combs placed in it ….it bend down …….means not able to stand without support ………..

Then I made the paste with water and white cement and poured the paste in the flowery grooves of the bottle it took two days to dry ………I thought now it is heavy bottomed vase and it will stand perfectly with combs stacked in it did! But …somehow I noticed that the firm flower that was made with the cement paste is removable then I glued it on the lower part and Oh      this is the perfect vase …then

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment