Saturday, October 12, 2019

BG, Circumstances, creativity

नास्ति बुद्धिरयुक्तस्य न चायुक्तस्य भावना |
न चाभावयत: शान्तिरशान्तस्य कुत: सुखम् || 66||


BG 2.66: But an undisciplined person, who has not controlled the mind and senses, can neither have a resolute intellect nor steady contemplation on God. For one who never unites the mind with God there is no peace; and how can one who lacks peace be happy?




 Circumstances

In life, in my life, circumstances are always changing. Shortly after my marriage I became very ill with a thought that I have to accompany my husband on his work place, whereas I want to study. It made me weak and very tired, exhausted actually, to the point that I had to take rest at home  and eventually quit my idea of study. Over time, with rest and a weird diet, I got better and then re-enter my idea and I was privileged to had admission on a vacant seat( in 12th standard) in Indira-gandhi-government-pg-college-tohana


Image result for indira gandhi college tohana




Image result for college of home science ccs hau hisar


Then I conceived with my daughter and  our sweet first born baby girl came shortly after and if you have kids, you know that they flip your world upside down. The first year was rough and I didn’t had any time for study but soon we found our stride and I thought we would coast down
Jakhal City 
for a while. And we did... for a while. When she was 4 months old she was hospitalized with a serious prolonged fever. She spent a week in the hospital, it was an agonizing time. But, she got much better and soon began to thrive. Shortly after her first birthday we decided to let my baby sit to my parents house, and I got admission in BSc Home Science, in 

Then, I decided to move to Hostel. It seemed like a good idea at the time anyway. Our sweet little girl was happy with my parents two younger brothers, and my two younger sisters in the village 


 My daughter started school, lost a few teeth (gross!), friendships grew, and life in general progressed.


God has a plan for us, right?

There is something somewhere about closed doors leading to open windows, right?

My new mantra became "Bloom where you're planted" and I have tried to adhere to it every day. As soon as I was near to completion of my degree I also found I was pregnant.

Unexpectedly.
With twins.

Yeah, soak that in.

So, while I was freaking out a bit I decided to take things one day at a time.
In all of life's circumstances, as ever changing as they are, I can bloom because God has given me the power, love and self discipline that I need to thrive.
And soon my second bundle of joy arrived.
Over the last few years we have gone from a family of 3, to a family of 4, and I wouldn't have it any other way. We have gone from a meager income to comfortable income and decided to built our own house. And soon, we will go from 1 bedroom home with a yard, to a big 2 bedroom apartment, with balcony, but the newly built house made us levantine.

 I know that God does not give us anything we cannot handle... I have had two kids and lived, I know I can survive anything! I know I have not handled every situation with grace or elegance but when I have lost my way I have tried to learn from every lesson. You have to... if you don't learn, God gives you another opportunity... and another, and another, and another until you get it right. I know there are many BG verses about prayer, perseverance and overcoming hurdles but the one verse that helps me hold my head high and tells me in my heart of hearts that everything will be alright is this:

BG 2.47 :  You have a right to perform your prescribed duties, but you are not entitled to the fruits of your actions. Never consider yourself to be the cause of the results of your activities, nor be attached to inaction.
This is an extremely popular verse of the Bhagavad Gita, so much so that even most school children in India are familiar with it. It offers deep insight into the proper spirit of work and is often quoted whenever the topic of karm yog is discussed. The verse gives four instructions regarding the science of work: 1) Do your duty, but do not concern yourself with the results. 2) The fruits of your actions are not for your enjoyment. 3) Even while working, give up the pride of doership. 4) Do not be attached to inaction.

Bottle  cover 

This is macramé bottle  cover made for a friend in nylon cord. I love how this can make plain old mineral water bottle all dressy and cute. Makes a nice addition for outdoor entertaining, what say?

No comments:

Post a Comment