Sunday, May 30, 2021

High Wind and Power Outages


This morning the power went out at 7:30, our 4th power outage in almost as many days.  Our area is well-known for it's  Loo is a strong, dusty, gusty, hot and dry summer wind from the west which blows over the western Indo-Gangetic Plain region of North India and Pakistan. It is especially strong in the months of May and June. Due to its very high temperatures (45 °C–50 °C or 115 °F–120 °F), exposure to it often leads to fatal heatstrokes.


Since it causes extremely low humidity and high temperatures, the Loo also has a severe drying effect on vegetation leading to widespread browning in the areas affected by it during the months of May and June.



  It's been howling like a banshee for weeks now.  It sounds like a jet engine going right over your head.  SO.. yesterday for the 3rd morning we had no power.. my son got  the generator going and the power cord to keep the TV or computer going.  But what to do with no AC ?  Well.. I suggested my daughter to work on her computer .



I kept busy crocheting my granddaughter's  hat, cool khesi  on my lap, my grand daughter's cuddy  there too.  


Thank goodness for light  during power outages.



Each year I hang a new wreath on the entrance door.   this wreath is made up using selvedged wood buttons.  


No comments:

Post a Comment