Monday, August 16, 2021

fetching water, Haryanvi song


When I was in teens and we came to our ancestral village in my grandparents house in kharkhri-makhwan it   had no running water, so we had to fetch water from the family well in a well complex, located near the village pond at outer village area. 

I reminisced about my childhood story with the family during the holidays in Haryana.  When talking about fetching the water from the well, I vividly remember the trick of twisting or jerking the bucket (colloquially known as dole) when it reached the bottom of the well, so that it could turn and sink into water; I was very proud of the skill.

Source: Pani Lyawan Ja Rahi || Haryanvi Lok Geet || Usha Tawar, Sudesh Sharma, P...

Seeing and listening this song, I started thinking to myself that when I was young, how women in their traditional clothes used to bring water from the well while singing songs.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment