Sunday, January 8, 2012

olden days,



This skirt was made when my daughter was 6 years old, and my son six-month old baby boy. As in every afternoon, the baby would take a little sneak from 1:00 pm to 3:00 p.m., I had free time to do what I like, crochet and listen to radio. I sat in the room in the same position all the time until the baby cried in the bedroom, when I tried to stand and run to the bedroom my foot had fallen asleep and I fell banging my knee on wooden furniture and the weight of the whole body stayed on the feet. Result: broken foot. I dragged myself to the bedroom, managed to get the baby out of the crib and asked my daughter  to come to the kitchen to get some bananas for me to give her, and we stayed there until 6:00 p.m., waiting for his father  to get home from work (no cell phones at the time). When he arrived, we went to the orthopedist and had to get my leg in place. So, the skirt was growing along with the feeling wellness ... its very love to crochet! Today, thank God, my daughter is a writer and son is doing his business   !!! And the skirt got three other owners (my nieces loved to have the skirt )after my daughter, after many years I unravel the bib portion and it  was a big rectangle crocheted piece for the couch and was   intact, like a preciousness!

My son 4 years old

Richa and her Mami

Vipin and Richa in front yard

Richa and Vipin 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment