Wednesday, June 6, 2012

books i bought .....


All these books are goodies from my tour to Kaithal on March 26th this year.I met up with my lovely daughter and we went to see the exibition, and wandered around the rural areas of kaithal in search of a khadi stole from famous store. Although we found it relatively swiftly it was sadly closed down! We pootled around a nearby village, walked past village houses and invited for lunch(late) a feast (Bana)before marriage ceremony, a great Haryanvi lunch with possibly the best churma I’ve ever eaten. Naughty me! With a bela of kheer.And very sweet lapsi. We popped into the book hut and a few other book stalls in exibition shed and picked up these on Ashu’s recommendation. Chitralekha (novel) is 1934 Hindi novel,  written by Bhagwati Charan Verma .


The novel is about the philosophy of life and love, sin and virtue. The novel was written, while the author was still practicing law at Hamirpur and brought him immediate fame and starting his literary career. And the  I plan read Himmat Jaunpuri of Rahi Masoom Raza I am reading Rahi Masoom Raza's novel 'Scene 75'. I have read a few of his novels including his masterpiece Adha Gaon, and Neem Ka Ped.
 Afterwards we went to the venue to watch and liscen the sufi kalam of …by………the singer sung amazingly and beautifuly.my heart raced! The cultural programme was awesome- comfertable seats, and arrangement of tea and snacks.  I had a big cosmopolitan while I watched the cultural programme.And nice chai too!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment