Saturday, September 3, 2022

My Big Break Story How I Went From Nervous Wreck To The Guardian In Just 4 Months.

published on 9/4/22 7:31 AM dairy page of 30 July 2014 ON BEING A GRANDMA Thank you for the love, thoughts and prayers sent to us yesterday. I never thought of myself as being a grandmother until it was almost upon me. I didn't think too far into my future, I just planned for the coming year and left it at that. I didn't think much about my son's and d-in-law's future. I could see they were well adjusted, ambitious and sensible and I was content to stand back and wait to see what developed. Grandmothering came slowly sneaking into my thoughts when I met my son and my d-in –law . I liked them both immediately and it wasn't long before I grew to love them. Rehana was born in July 2014. We'd been hopping around all morning rushing to answer the phone and when we got the news, we took off like a rocket, driving 10 kms to see her . My world changed forever when I saw her for the first time. My son was holding her close and when he asked me: "do you want to hold her, mum?" I held out my arms and opened my heart as wide as it had ever been. I had to fit rehana in there and I needed a much bigger space for my son- her father. This was an entirely different feeling to holding my own son and daughter. There was no pain involved for me with this precious delivery, this was all pleasure and pride. The pride I felt when I looked at her and the pride and love I felt for my son and d-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment