Friday, December 13, 2019

Teachings of BG, My knitting

स एवायं मया तेऽद्य योग: प्रोक्त: पुरातन: |
भक्तोऽसि मे सखा चेति रहस्यं ह्येतदुत्तमम् || 3||
BG 4.3:The same ancient knowledge of Yog, which is the supreme secret, I am today revealing unto you, because you are my friend as well as my devotee, who can understand this transcendental wisdom.


Yes I am on knitting spree now

 Am knitting a shrug for my daughter

I begin it as one piece starting from color in double rib. Ithink it will be a good snug, but not tight just fit, at least that is my plan, while buying this yarn .. The yarn was looking very sober in shop, but my daughter didn’t show any anthuism for this yarn, saying its like aged people colour. let see who will be have the honor to have it.  






It is an acrylic yarn 



I adore using self patterning multi color  yarns. But sometimes my daughter  likes to make her own color and pattern choices. I bought this from our nearby market last month only, this is a small shop named after the lady owner PUNAM wool store,patel nagar Hisar.  

My analogies between life and knitting............. 
I have enjoyed yarn crafts for almost my entire life(from the age of 7 yr).  Knitting inspires my creativity as I think about color, design, and texture in the hopes of creating new and beautiful things for my home deco, sweaters,frocks,nickers,socks for kids of my entire family,friends,and relatives.
But knitting is, for me, also a deeply spiritual practice.When we knit we take something that is almost useless and turn it into something appealing and functional.  The practice of knitting teaches patience.  The finished object that I see in my mind’s eye is months from completion, yet stitch by stitch it gets closer.  When facing a task in life that seems daunting, I remember the pair of baby sock. that I knitted for my  elder brother.  It was months of the same stitch in the same yarn.  At first it looked so incredibly bland and boring.  But when it was complete, oh when it was complete it was a work of art and, more importantly, it kept him warm in his first fragile months of life in  winters of Jamnagar, Gujrat.

Knitting helps us envision a future more idyllic and more complete than the present.  It is like the prayers at the end of the worship service.  “May the time not be distant, O G-d when…”  As long as we can see that perfect future when nations live at peace, we can work towards making it a reality.  I’m casting on for that future right now.

I will post some samples of the love that I have knitted or crocheted for friends and relatives. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment