Monday, December 9, 2019

Spiritual Musings, work shop for girls in slum

इन्द्रियाणि पराण्याहुरिन्द्रियेभ्य: परं मन: |
मनसस्तु परा बुद्धिर्यो बुद्धे: परतस्तु स: || 42||
BG 3.42:The senses are superior to the gross body, and superior to the senses is the mind. Beyond the mind is the intellect, and even beyond the intellect is the soul.


As  you people know I am a full time social worker after retirement.I am president of NGO (MSS), which was registered in 1992-93 and my friend Late Dr KM was president after her death I am the president of this NGO. 

In summer holidays I myself ( there are regular tutors at different centers to teach them sewing and embroidery etc.) organized a workshop for making things with waste materials like, news papers, plastic bottles poly bags. But poor girls didn’t have these waste material with them, I myself provided with them those things… any how they did it but not with interest.

 

newspaper bag 

Recycling of old plates



decorative thali/plate for puja 

then i organized a workshop to teach them how to of macrame 



then they showed very enthusiasm 





Macrame knot is difficult but they expertised on it . .and made several items, like mirror, chandelier , wall hangings, mobile phone holder etc....  

After workshop on macrame .......

The  girls of slum area are  missing me  a lot. Calls daily
Come on madam teach something else

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment